CITIZENS AGAINST SUBSTANCE ABUSE (CASA) COALITION
What is CASA?
The Citizens Against Substance Abuse (CASA) Coalition aims to reduce substance misuse and promote wellness in Wolcott through collaboration, education, awareness, and community action. The Coalition was first formed over twenty years ago due to concerned citizens in town who wanted to protect the youth from risky behavior. The Coalition was restructured in 2010 due to community substance abuse problems and has met monthly since than to reduce and prevent substance use among youth. 90% of Americans with a substance abuse problem started smoking, drinking, or using drugs before the age of 18. Preventing early use of drugs or alcohol may go a long way in reducing these risks. CASA utilizes evidence-based prevention strategies to reduce youth substance use.
If you live, learn, work, play, dine or recreate in Wolcott, you are a member of the Coalition. Joining CASA will allow you to connect with other like-minded people, make a positive impact in the community, and help to provide youth and families with adequate prevention tools and resources.
- Attend one of our monthly coalition meetings
- Let us know what behavioral health topics you are interested in learning more about
- Volunteer for one of our fundraisers/ events
- Donate your time, money, or resources
- Talk with your neighbors, friends, and family about CASA and prevention
- Attend our annual prevention celebration
- Follow us on social media and share our posts
- Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter
- Encourage Teens to get involved with our RTC Youth Leadership Group
- Talk with young people about the dangers of drug and alcohol use