School Safety Update
Friday, March 2, 2018
Hello Wolcott Families and Staff:
We continue to make improvements and updates in our protocols to support school safety.
Beginning next week, you will see an increased presence by the Wolcott Police Department in our schools. We thank Chief Stephens for his cooperation and we value our partnership with the officers.
In the name of security, you may experience a slightly different procedure if you visit our schools during the school day:
- All visitors are expected to use the school’s main entrance in the front of the building. If you happen to see a staff member entering through a different door, please do not attempt to follow them. I have asked all staff to politely direct you to the front entrance.
- At the main entrance, please use our buzzer system. The front office secretary will ask you to identify yourself and the purpose of your visit. If the secretary is not able to easily identify you through our video camera/speaker system, she may politely ask that you wait at the door until a staff member can greet you there in person.
- Please proceed directly to the main office upon being buzzed in.
- When signing in, you will be asked for your name and phone number. Any visitor may be asked to present photo identification when signing in to visit a school.
- You will be issued a visitor’s badge on a bright green lanyard. Please remember to turn in the badge and to sign out when your visit is complete.
We want to take these prudent steps to further enhance the security of our schools while also maintaining a warm and friendly environment. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Should you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact your school principal or me:
Superintendent of Schools