The Wolcott Latchkey Program
The Wolcott Latchkey Program is an in-school Day Care Program.
We are located at Wakelee, Frisbie and Alcott Elementary Schools. We are overseen by the Wolcott Public Schools Board of Education and the Superintendent of The Wolcott Public Schools. The Wolcott Latchkey Program is a non-profit organization.
The Wolcott Latchkey Program is located in each Elementary Schools Cafeteria. We are open every day the Wolcott Public Schools are open. If they are closed, then we also will be closed. The Wolcott Latchkey Program is open during Half Days. We have our own locked entrances. Wakelee’s is located in the back of the school, Frisbie is located in the front of the school (Cafeteria doors) and Alcott’s is located down the left side of the school (near the main side door entrance).
If you wish to inquire about our availibility, you may call the contacts below during operational hours.
Supervisor: Mrs. Robin Japs
Supervisor: Carol Indino
Supervisor: Lisa Calabretta
Latchkey Director: Tracey Fitzmorris
The Wolcott Latchkey Program
Thank you for your interest in the Wolcott Latchkey Program. We are a before and after school Day Care program, overseen by the Wolcott Public Schools Superintendent and Board of Education. We are located in the elementary school cafeterias from 7-8:30 am and 3:15-6:00 pm.
Registration for the Wolcott Latchkey Program, each school year, usually starts on April 1st and ends on July 1st. We are on a first come first served basis, and there is no guarantee your children will be registered. See update below for new registration dates due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Latchkey program we only register 80 children, for the morning and afternoon. Once we are full we do give an option of being on our wait list for the school year. If during the school year we have any openings, then we will contact you as soon as possible to start your child(ren).
June 2020 Latchkey update
I wanted to give you an update on the Wolcott Latchkey Registration packets for the school year 2020 – 2021. Please be aware that with Covid -19 guidelines changing continually for schools and daycare, we may have to change how we run the Wolcott Latchkey Program. If I do have new information, please utilize the Wolcott Public Schools website, and check here under Latchkey. I will update this site if any information changes.
The Wolcott Public Schools technology department is working with me on putting Latchkey registration online, on this site. Please continually check here to see if the registration links are up and running.
Here are a few things you need to know when you register.
1. The packet you will fill out online is not the complete registration packet. To make it easier online, I made the packet smaller. When we return to school and if you are registered for Latchkey, you will have to fill out the full form to remain in the Latchkey program.
2. You must complete every part of the Latchkey registration packet, online, to be considered in the program. Any fields left empty will place you on the waitlist automatically.
3. You must send in a non-refundable fee of $25.00 per child to be considered for the Wolcott Latchkey Program. You may send a check or money order (registration can be mailed here too) to The Wolcott Latchkey Program, 1488 Woodtick Road, Wolcott, CT 06716. In the memo section of your check, please write down which school you are registering for, thank you.
4. Please read each registration link carefully and fill out the correct school you want to register under. If you register under the wrong school, you will lose your spot. I will not be able to move your information over to the correct school you wanted.
5. Registration is first come first served.
Please know that the Wolcott Public Schools and the Latchkey Program want to accommodate as many families as we can. However, per the Governor, CDC and OEC we may only be able to accommodate a small number of children in the Cafeteria, starting the new school year. I will send out acceptance letters and decline letters, but they may come out later then usual (past July 2020). This will be due to making sure we give families the best information we can with these continually changing times. If you have any questions, please email me
We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy.
Wolcott Latchkey Director